Bitumen primer D41 Description
Bitumen primer D41 is a solvent based bituminous
primer suitable for general purpose roofing primer used as dressing to concrete, masonry and metal surface and as a primer coat prior to application of membranes.
Bitumen Primer D41 Applications
– A cold applied solvent based bituminous primer.
– A bituminous liquid primer penetrates deep into the porous substrates to improve the adhesion of bituminous materials that are to be applied to the substrate.
– Conforms to the requirements of ASTM D41.
– General purpose primer for concrete, masonry and metal surfaces.
– As priming coat before applying and bituminous coating
– As priming coat before applying any waterproofing membrane
– Suitable for use as primer below or above ground level
Coverage rate varies from 0.3 ‐ 0.5 kg/sq.mt depending on application method, surface properties and condition of substrates.
Less than 4 hours, to touch depends on local weather conditions.
– The surface must be thoroughly cleaned and free from dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
– Bitumen primer D‐41 should be well stirred prior to use and applied to the substrate by means of brush, roller or spray.
– After application don’t leave the primer exposed for more than 12‐ hrs, if this should be the case, apply a further coat and allow curing.
– Tools must be cleaned with any suitable solvents such as gasoline or kerosene.
Specification of Bitumen Primer D41
|Viscosity Saybolt @ 25 °C||25 – 125 sec||ASTM D 88|
|Specific gravity @ 25 °C||0.958||ASTM D 1475|
|Solubility in trichloro ethylene||99.7%||ASTM D 2042|
|Density||0.85 ‐ 0.89||ASTD D 70|
|Distillation volume @ 225 °C||37%||ASTM D ‐ 402/D422|
|Distillation volume @ 260 °C||39.5%||ASTM D ‐ 402/D422|
|Distillation volume @ 360 °C||42.5%||ASTM D ‐ 402/D422|
|Asphalt residue @225 °C||63%||ASTM D ‐402|
|Asphalt residue @260 °C||60.5%||ASTM D ‐402|
|Asphalt residue @360 °C||57.5%||ASTM D ‐402|
|Water Content %||<0.3 Max||ASTM D6511/D95|
|Flash Point||45 OC||ASTM D 94|
|Drying time||8 ‐ 12‐Hours||In house|
|Coverage rate||0.3 ‐ 0.5 Kg/mt2||In house|
|Shelf life||2‐years||In house|
Health, Safety and Environment
- use only with proper ventilation.
- Avoid contact skin and eyes by careful working.
- Do not use near open flame.
- It is advisable to use goggles and gloves.
- In case of eye contact immediately wash
- with cold water or consult the physician
All safety measures should be observed during application. Fire extinguishers should be available at site. Care should be taken with gas,
and torch should not be rested on finished surface or on any materials that can be scratched by flame or hot torch. Gloves and goggles should be worn by all workers during application.
Read, understand and follow all Material Safety
Data Sheets and product label information for this
product prior to use.