Texapon (SLES) Definition
Texapon (SLES) N70NA is a sodium laureth sulfate used in clear and pearlescent, medium to high viscosity shampoos, bath and shower products. It is a high active ether sulfate manufactured from a special mid-cut fatty alcohol containing an average of 2 moles of ethylene oxide with maximum control of unwanted by-products, including those causing color and odor. This product has an unsulfated alcohol content of 2.50% max., a pH value (10% sol.) of 7.0-9.0, and a FAES (MW 381) of 68.0-72.0% Sodium laureth sulfate (SLES), an accepted contraction of sodium lauryl ether sulfate (SLES), is an anionic detergent and surfactant found in many personal care products (soaps, shampoos, toothpaste, etc.). SLES is an inexpensive and very effective foaming agent. SLES, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), ammonium lauryl sulfate (ALS), and sodium pareth sulfate are surfactants that are used in many cosmetic products for their cleaning and emulsifying properties. They behave similarly to soap.
Texapon is also known as Sodium lauryl ether sulfate(SLES), Sodium Dodecyl Sulphate, Sodium Mono-Dosyl Sulphate, Sodium lauryl sulfate, Sodium Dodecano Sulphate
- Hard Surface Cleaning.
- Food and Beverage Processing.
- Food Service and Kitchen Hygiene.
- Commercial Laundry.
- Institutional Cleaning and Sanitation.
- Vehicle and Transportation Care.
- Widely used in formulation of all ranges of Domestic Detergents Powder, Cake & Dish wash cleaners.
- Formulation of Industrial
- Household liquid cleaners
- Washing powder
- De-greaser of plating and leather making industry
- Detergent of dishware
- Chemical formula : NaC12H25SO4
- Min pH (1% Aqueous Solution) : 8.5 – 10.5
- Sodium Sulphate % : 1.5 Max
- Sodium Chloride % : 0.5 Max
- Moisture % : 3.0 Max
- Appearance :Flowable Paste, Transparent to Yellowish
- pH Value : 7-9
- Boiling point : 206 °C
- Density: 1.0 g / cm³
- Molar mass : 288.38 g mol-1
- Free oil : 3.5 max
|Lower limit||Upper limit|
|Pass||White or light-yellow viscous paste|
|Pass||No strange Odors|
|pH 20°c ,3%||
Iran is a big producer & supplier of Texapon in middle east and Huei Jie Oil has a big share of this production.